Employment Opportunities with Moorestown Dental Professionals
We Are Always Seeking Talented Professionals to Add to Our Team!
Our Moorestown dental practice is growing and expanding. We are continually seeking the best and brightest to join our team. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Dental hygienists are tasked with the incredibly important job of providing preventive dental care to patients. Some of the duties of dental hygienists include:
- Teeth cleaning, which includes removing tartar, plaque, and stains using hand, power, and ultrasonic tools
- Applying sealants and fluoride for tooth protection
- Administering and taking x-rays
- Examining patients for signs of oral health problems, like early periodontal disease, cavities, teeth grinding, and more
- Assessing a patient’s overall oral health and reporting findings to the dentist
- Educating patients on good oral hygiene and methods for improving and maintaining good oral health, such as the proper way to brush and floss
- Documenting patient care and treatment plans
Typically, dental hygienists must complete an associate’s degree program in dental hygiene. This level of education takes about three years to complete. Hygienists must be licensed.
Dental assistants are essential additions to any dental office, supporting all members of the staff in their duties to provide excellent oral health care to patients. A dental assistant’s duties may include:
- Making patients comfortable in the dental chair
- Prepping patients and the work area for treatments
- Sterilizing dental instruments and tools
- Handing dentists instruments during procedures
- Using suction hoses to keep patients’ mouths dry
- Completing lab tasks, such as dental impressions, under direction of the dentist
- Keeping records of dental treatments
- Managing office tasks such as scheduling appointments and carrying out billing and payment
Dental assistants who are completing the most basic office tasks do not need any formal education requirements beyond a high school diploma. Some dental assistants, however, wish to have the opportunity to do more. In order to be qualified to carry out expanded tasks, such as administering x-rays, the dental assistant should pursue certification from an accredited program and licensure.
Administrative professionals are the heart and soul of a dentistry practice. Yours is the first and last face that our patients see, and as such your personality and warmth must shine through. Beyond having a personality that helps patients feel at home in our practice, administrative duties may include but are certainly not limited to:
- Greeting patients
- Managing scheduling and conducting appointment reminders
- Developing, managing, and monitoring patient records
- Monitoring the dental practice for safety, security, and maintenance, and addressing and overseeing issues as needed for quality office upkeep
- Managing budgets for office supplies and equipment, including the purchase, storage, and distribution of supplies
- Supervising and directing support services
- Conducting billing and insurance
- Planning, directing, and coordinating of all support services
Related work experience is preferred but not required. Administrative personnel should be comfortable working with computers, billing programs, and scheduling spreadsheets.
What Does It Mean to Work for Our Biomimetic Dentistry Practice?
For all open positions at Moorestown Dental Professionals, it is essential that applicants demonstrate exceptional people skills and an ability to make patients feel comfortable. The dental office is an environment that is anxiety-inducing for many people. We aim to relieve our patients of any stress they may feel about their dental procedures, from a simple teeth cleaning to major restorative dentistry. Their interactions with you contribute to the success of this goal.
Being able to intuit a patient’s anxiety and having the skills to put them at ease are abilities that are difficult to teach. Dentistry is a helping profession. It is a calling to serve patients at a biomimetic dental office. To apply to any open position in our practice, please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Job duties as listed have been gathered from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Tasks and qualifications may vary depending on experience, education, and other qualifications.