Dental Bonding for Fast, Affordable Tooth Repairs
Choose Reliable, Quick Dental Bonding for Damaged Teeth in Moorestown NJ
If you are seeking a less time-intensive or less-invasive dental procedure than porcelain veneers or dental crowns, dental bonding is a quick, affordable, simplified cosmetic dentistry solution. Used to repair damaged teeth, dental bonding is sometimes referred to as cosmetic tooth bonding. More often than not, a dental bonding procedure can be completed in just one visit to your biomimetic dentist.
Problems Solved by Dental Bonding
Break a tooth? Have a tooth mishap? Dental bonding is often the speediest way to get your smile back to normal when you’re in a bind. But even if you’re not pressed for time when it comes to dental repairs, dental bonding is a great choice for repairing your teeth.
A versatile cosmetic dentistry solution, dental bonding is often a viable repair option for teeth that are:
In some situations, dental bonding can be used as an alternative to fillings. While your biomimetic dentist uses the safest tooth-colored filling material to tend to cavities, it is also possible to use bonding to repair a decayed tooth. Even badly damaged teeth can be fully restored with a meticulous application of dental bonding by a biomimetic dentist.
What Is the Dental Bonding Process?
Typically, the dental bonding process takes 30 minutes to one hour to complete per tooth. The treatment follows a general plan, with changes made to accommodate each patient’s individual needs.
- Prep work involves the slight roughening of the surface of the tooth.
- The application of conditioning liquid immediately follows the sanding.
- The teeth that need to be repaired are brushed with a tooth-colored resin that matches the shade of your natural teeth.
- The resin is cured and hardened – a process completed using a special light so the material actually bonds to your teeth.
- The bonded tooth is carefully sculpted to match existing natural teeth. The integrity of your smile is maintained when teeth are all the same in shape, color, and size.
- The final step is to polish the newly bonded teeth until they glimmer and shine.
Your biomimetic dentist will check your bite for comfort and position so that your teeth do not rub together unnaturally because of the bonding. The goal is to create a beautifully repaired tooth that looks completely natural and does not stand out from the rest of your smile in any way.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is incredibly beneficial, affordable and minimally invasive for the patient who wants a gorgeous, new, natural-looking smile as soon as possible. Here are just some of the benefits of dental bonding:
- Bonding is used to protect a portion of the exposed tooth root
- Extend the length of the teeth with bonding
- Bonding can be used as an alternative to amalgam fillings
- Bonding can last for up to 10 years before needing a touch-up or replacement
One of the ultimate goals of repairing your smile with dental bonding is to create a healthy and attractive new grin that works well and allows you to eat and speak with confidence. For some people, finally being able to rid themselves of the dental complaint that has plagued them all their lives thanks to dental bonding is incomparable. A lifetime of feeling self-conscious about gapped teeth, short teeth, or uneven teeth is difficult to swallow. Dental bonding makes it possible to get the smile you want and deserve, in size and shape.
Remember, when you go to the right biomimetic dentist, you are working with a sculptor who is rebuilding robust tooth structure while, at the same time, giving you a megawatt celebrity smile.
Care for Dental Bonding with Moorestown Dental Professionals in New Jersey
By maintaining your regular at-home preventive care with daily brushing and flossing, and by seeing your dentist twice annually for check-ups, your dental bonding can last for years.
There are some warnings about dental bonding. Unlike porcelain veneers, which are typically constructed with non-staining porcelain, the resin used in dental bonding is susceptible to staining. Dietary modifications and regular cleanings can help to minimize staining.
Learn more about your options for dental bonding and whether you’re a good candidate this procedure from Moorestown Dental Professionals in New Jersey.